Empower Trust Job Vacancy
Clerk to Board of Trustees and Local Governing Body
(2 x posts available - required as soon as possible)
Part Time and Term Time Only - £10.27 - £11.24 per hour
Empower Trust are seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to provide professional clerking services to our Board of Trustees and Local Governing Bodies. The role will include providing advice to the trustees and governors on governance, constitutional and procedural matters and provide effective administrative support.
You will need strong organisational skills, the ability to prioritise your workload and good customer service skills. The ability to work on your own initiative as well as a mature and committed approach is essential. Access to a car to travel to the schools is essential.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Accurate minute taking at 6 local governing body meetings per annum, per school.
- Accurate minute taking at 6 Trust Board Meetings per annum.
- Transcript and production of draft minutes to a high standard for approval by the Chair and the CEO within 7 working days of each meeting.
- Full administrative service; to include preparation and circulation of the agenda, collation and circulation of supporting papers within appropriate timescales.
- Uphold any codes of practice adopted by the Trust Board and local governing body and observe the rules of confidentiality.
Flexibility in terms of working hours is required, usually late afternoon/early evening and ad-hoc clerking of working groups and panels, as required. This position is paid on an hourly basis; a maximum of 6 hours may be claimed per local governing body / Trustee meeting. Full training for the post will be provided.
Further details and application forms for this post are available via the Job Vacancies section on the Trust website www.empowertrust.co.uk.
If you would like an informal chat or further information, please contact the Central Team on 01939 236136.
Please note that we are unable to accept CV’s.
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th November 2018, 9.00am.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 19th November 2018
Interviews will be held: Thursday 22nd November 2018
Empower Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure by Criminal Records Bureau prior to commencement in post.
This post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.