Section Ten: What support do we have for you as a parent of a child with SEND?
What support do we have for you as a parent of a child with SEND?
• The class teacher is regularly available to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns you may have and to share information about what is working well at home and school so similar strategies can be used.
• The AHT is available to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns/worries you may have.
• The SENCO is available to meet with you to discuss any concerns over specific support for your child.
• All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you with the person involved directly, or where this is not possible, in a report.
• Learning Plans will be reviewed with your involvement each term.
• Homework will be adjusted as needed in order to meet your child’s individual needs.
• A home/school contact book may be used to support communication with you, when this has been agreed to be useful for you and your child.