We are an inclusive Junior School whose core purpose is to provide a happy and safe learning community in which we aim to nurture and inspire all individuals to achieve by providing a vibrant curriculum, inspirational teaching and effective support.
• We work in partnership with parents to ensure that you are at the heart of planning effective provision to support your child to be happy at school and make progress with their learning.
• We think it is important that wherever possible, our pupils are also a part of their provision planning as this helps them to understand their responsibilities as learners and to share their ideas about what is important and how we can support them.
• Our teachers are committed to providing inclusive learning environments, adapting teaching styles and resources as necessary, to ensure all pupils are supported to achieve their full potential.
• Our large team of teaching assistants are experienced in supporting pupils both in and outside of the classroom, using a wide of interventions to target support where it is most effective.
• We also provide an additional smaller class for English and Math in the mornings, taught by a teacher experienced at supporting pupils with SEND, so our most vulnerable learners benefit from small group support and specific resourced provision.
• In January 2017 we have 69 children on our SEND register, approximately 19% of the children on roll.
• This breaks down as:
• EHCP (Educational Health Care Plan) or Statement of SEN = 7
• SEN support provision = 45
• Monitoring = 17
• The children we provide for have a wide range of needs including: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (inc Dyspraxia), Dyslexia, Meares Irlen Syndrome, Downs Syndrome, Social Communication Difficulties, Global Developmental Delay, Speech and Language Difficulties, Cerebral Palsy, hearing impairment and visual impairment.
• These are categorised under the 4 main SEN headings as follows: